Care Navigators - Full time/ Part time
We are looking for dynamic hard-working individuals to join our friendly busy practice. The ideal candidates should be competent with IT systems, have an excellent telephone manner, be flexible and able to work under pressure.
Please click here to view the entire job description.
Social Prescriber - Job Description
Hours and days to be agreed:
The Social Prescriber will work as part of the practice team, the main role is to support patients to access all community opportunities available and to link people with community and volunteering support, so supporting them to take charge of their own health and well-being.
- Undertake assessments with referred patients to gain an understanding of their life, health condition/s and how it affects them, and to explore options for social support locally.
- To receive and action referrals from the practice team.
- Connect patients to local support and services supporting them to make contact.
- Undertake follow up conversations to ensure that patients have been able to access the services.
- Be proactive in seeking out new community support and activities for patients to access.
- Attend occasional Patient Participation Group (PPG) meetings as needed.
- Attend and support the Carers Group which has been established for some time.
- To encourage people; their families and their carers to provide peer support and to do things together, such as volunteering, Benson nature group.
- Participate in developing/attending meeting which promote social prescribing and health and wellbeing of the local community.
- Work with the PPG on local community projects.
- Liaise with the school on appropriate projects.
- Liaise with the Mill Stream Day Centre on appropriate projects.
- Be prepared to work flexibly and during evenings and weekend if required.
- Work closely with the reception, administration and Care Navigation Teams
- Work closely with the nursing team and doctors.
- Other tasks suitable for to this role.
- Following the practice safeguarding process where appropriate.
- Assist and support volunteers with small grant applications.
- Assist and support patients with benefit applications and/or signpost them to other organisations who can provide that help/support.
- Ensure that all activities and work is monitored and can be evaluated.
- Ensure that social prescribing codes are input into EMIS
- Adhere to data protection and data sharing within the PCN.
- Attend practice/PCN/local meetings as appropriate.
- Work within the practice Health and Safety Policy, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with the guidelines.
Confidentiality: complete confidentiality of information is an essential condition of employment
- NHS Pension
- Vivup lifestyle savings package (currently).
- Blue light card (currently).
- Free parking on site (currently)
- Tea, coffee, and biscuits provided and frequently fruit and biscuits are supplied.
- Regular training sessions.
- We do not allow members of staff or members of their family to be patients at the practice.
- Anyone who is a current patient at the practice, who is offered a job role at the practice will need to register at another local practice as a condition of employment.
For the application form or more detailed information please contact Practice Manager Karen Washbourn at email@example.com